Friday, August 29, 2008

Day 1
It was indeed a fun but tiring day today. Woke up early in the morning and rushed to the airport for the flight towards Wuhan. Looking at how many people came to support their friends actually made me feel awkward. Everybody was happily taking photos whereas I was at a side trying not to notice the scene. Kinda awkward. Before we check-in, we took a picture.




















Didn’t really know majority of the logisticians until when we’re onboard the plane. The tide changed. There was a lot of interaction between us and that was when I started to know each and every one of them. I felt that it would be so much better if I got to know this group of interesting people earlier. Usually it will take me around one day or so to get to know a big group of new peers but to my surprise, this was unusually faster than usual.

We took a flight towards Guang Zhou which was not very comfortable as the seats in the plane were really squeezy. However this benefits us in a way as we’re able to communicate with each other easily. This was the reason why I got to know all of them in such a short time.

We transited towards Wuhan after we reached Guang Zhou. The guang zhou airport was designed with the Beijing Olympics theme.





















This time round, the flight was much better as it was more spacious. However, I’m not really used to the food served in the plane.

Upon arrival in Wuhan, we took a bus towards WUST. It was not what I expected it to be. I thought it was like the University of Qing Dao hostel whereby it’s exactly like a 3 start hotel. However it looks to me like the older days army bunk. It wasn’t really what I expected it to be but I guess I have to try to adapt to this as there are so many more days to go. We had our dinner at MacDonald which was approximately 15 min walk, away from WUST. Service there was really bad as one of my peers got scolded by the worker. This shows just how unprofessional they are. I went with one group of my peers towards the supermarket and we had to rush to buy our desired stuffs in like 10 min as they are actually closing the shop already. Workers who saw us kept nagging at us but I guess they were gracious enough to give us that 10 min to purchase our stuffs. This marks the end of the day as we proceed back to our dormitory and rest for the day. Lastly, this is the group that I'm assigned to, and these are my group mates.


No comments: